Monday, December 15, 2008

Love is All, Crystal Stilts, Times New Viking

All of the above bands will be playing tonight at the Summit, next to Cafe Bourbon St. I was supposed to cover the show but woke up feeling like sh*tgaze. It should be a good show, though, and I recommend checking it out. I'm betting the first band will go on around 10 or 10:30. Love is All is a crazy bunch of Swedes playing a crazy bunch of jittery punk, Crystal Stilts play really morose songs that should appeal to the Joy Division crowd or those who like their post-punk sopping wet with reverb. And if you don't know Columbus's own Times New Viking by now, you should.

Anyway, the show tonight also made me already realize I forgot Crystal Stilts' Alight of Night on that big list below. You can mentally insert it somewhere between 35 and 55. (On a semi-related note, I probably should have included the Raconteurs' Consolers of the Lonely somewhere, too.)

No comments: