Last year, lots of people said that 2007 was a down year for music. I tended to disagree, thinking that those people just weren't looking hard enough.
But man, so far 2008 is blowing away 2007. Each month another couple albums come out that make me completely reshuffle my mental Top Ten list. There's been some great Columbus releases (Miranda Sound, Times New Viking, Our Cat Philip, Two Cow Garage), newer artists breaking through (Bon Iver, The Uglysuit, Frightened Rabbit), and to top it off, several artists from my top 25 of 2007 list have come out with records this year that are just as good, if not better than the '07 releases (Okkervil River, Blitzen Trapper).
So I guess I'm eating my words. 2007 was a little weak. But 2008 is more than making up for it.
Friday, September 12, 2008
2008 music
muttered
Joel
at
12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment