Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gentleman Auction House - Alphabet Graveyard

Gentleman Auction House's debut full-length Alphabet Graveyard came out yesterday on Emergency Umbrella Records, and it would be tragic if an album this good flew under the radar. So go grab it at Emusic, Amazon, iTunes or your bricks-and-mortar record store of choice.

In my live review of the band's show at the High Five last month, I said they were "best described as indie pop, but with an insatiable fire behind it. Think of the pop sensibilities of a less-precious Belle and Sebastian, the bombast of Arcade Fire and the eccentricities of Danielson all rolled into one." I think that pretty much holds true for the album, too.

And mark you calendars to catch the band the second time around at the High Five Sept. 25 with Yea Big + Kid Static, Bookmobile and Wing & Tusk.

mp3: Gentleman Auction House - ABCDEFGraveyard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just sampled it, sounds rad. I'll give it a d/l. Thanks for the rec.