This week Columbus Alive (the competitor to the alt-weekly I write for) published a list of the "Top 100 Columbus Albums of the Past 30 Years." Pretty darn interesting. Being a Columbus resident for just four years now, I'm probably not the guy to lodge complaints about who should have ended up where.
Kudos to Deville for undertaking such a monumental task while knowing that everyone who has ever been to a show in Columbus will now vehemently disagree with choices and placement.
*edit: OK, I can't help myself, just a couple quick gripes: The decision to not allow a band to have more than one album represented on the list really throws off the whole "Top 100" aspect. And O.A.R. is horrible. That's all.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Columbus albums
muttered
Joel
at
1:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is why I'm not a music critic - I listened to clips from many of the top 10 albums on this list and made a nasty face and shut out within 3 seconds of most if not all. I think I'm just not open minded enough and not willing to give things a chance. Does that make me a lazy music fan?
Patience, Benjamin, patience. All the good stuff takes time, or at least more than 3 seconds.
That said, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with critics, and disagreeing often.
Post a Comment