I don't like Bruce Springsteen, and I'm in the vast minority on this. I can't really explain why, because I like bands he has heavily influenced--Arcade Fire, The Hold Steady, etc. I just find his music, well, cheesy. It doesn't do anything for me.
But I found a kindred spirit. Apparently a woman in Australia stabbed her boyfriend, Kevin Watson, because he didn't want to listen to the Bruce. The woman, Karen Lee Cooper, is quoted in the article as saying, "I mean, who doesn't like Bruce Springsteen?" Kevin Watson and I obviously don't, and I salute him for sticking to his guns and inadvertently becoming the first anti-Springsteen martyr. May there be more converted to the dislike of Springsteen for years to come because of Mr. Watson (though hopefully no more stabbings).
Springsteen will be at the Schottenstein Center March 24. I won't.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Anti-Springsteen martyr
muttered
Joel
at
10:20 AM
Labels: Bruce Springsteen sucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That guy is awesome. I applaud his stance. I am under no obligation to like either him or The Rolling Stones.
I would like to announce that I am in the Anti-Springsteen Club as well.
whew. It feels so great to get that off my chest.
Thanks for raising awareness on this issue, Joel.
-Charity
haha. best post ever.
seriously, growing up in jersey it's like you're the anti-christ if you don't bow and worship at the temple of springsteen.
meanwhile, the stupid bastard headed to LA years ago
f - the boss
oh, and f - the stones too.
The supper bowl is nearly over (yes, supper bowl). I think I am done puking for now.
You've restored some of my confidence in youth. I have always been confused why Springsteen gets a pass. I am so tired of enduring this guy. I am 50 so I have been at it longer that you.
p.s. I do not like Pittsburgh... or football for that mater.
Post a Comment