I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of guy, but this article in Sunday's Dispatch about Stanley Meyer, a Columbus-area man who invented a dune buggy that ran on water then died mysteriously, is worth a read. An excerpt I found interesting:
Charlie Hughes, now 36, vividly recalls the strangers who visited his parents' home in the late 1970s.
He had been playing outside when the driveway suddenly filled with limousines. Men in turbans stepped out. In "stern, thick accents," they asked for Meyer. "I remember, because I was not allowed in my own house that day."
They left briskly. Charlie was about to go inside when the driveway filled again, this time with military vehicles. "Army brass," he recalled.
At dinner that night, Meyer told them: "The Arabs wanted to offer me $250 million to stop today. You and this lovely family can live in peace and prosperity the rest of your days."
The Army officials, meanwhile, had questioned Meyer about what the foreigners wanted, thinking that a deal might have been struck, Charlie recalled Meyer telling the family.
1 comment:
That is really interesting and a little unsettling. A very similar story with conspiracy theory overtones is in the documentary, Who Killed the Electric Car?
Post a Comment